Doc Holiday Former Member of the Board Of Governors for The Recording Academy Grammy Awards Voting Member Of The Grammy Awards since 2004 Winner Of 17 "Telly Awards" for Music Videos Winner of Two 2011 EMPixx Awards for Music Videos Winner of Two Global Music Awards 2016 Winner 2016 Whiskey and Cigarettes Radio Award Lifetime Achievement 43 Career Grammy Entries Winner of Producer Of The Year (Nashville Universe Awards 2014 and 2015) Winner of "The Golden Music Award for Producer Of The Year Member/Judge Of The Silver Council for the "TELLY" Awards Mega International Records The Power Plant Recording Studios Thunder Across America Concerts Owner Of Celebrity Moonshine LLC. Scattered Focus Management
FROM POP TO ROCK, COUNTRY TO HIP HOP, AND GOSPEL TO JAZZ, DOC HOLIDAY AND THE BREAK OUT ARTISTS SERIES DO IT ALL - AND THEY DO IT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE! WITH GRAMMY AWARD WINNERS, CMA AWARD, NASHVILLE UNIVERSE AWARD, GLOBAL MUSIC AWARDS, TELLY AWARDS, EPIX AWARDS, NATIVE AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS AND AMERICAN MUSIC AWARD WINNERS ON THE TEAM. DOC HOLIDAY HAS CHARTED AS OF 2016 OVER 700 SINGLES/ALBUMS WORLDWIDE WITH OVER 100 OF THEM HITTING THE #1 SPOT ON DIFFERENT CHARTS AROUND THE WORLD.
DOC HOLIDAY HAS PRODUCED "MEL McDANIEL", "THE KENTUCKY HEADHUNTERS", "BECKY HOBBS", "JEFFREY STEELE", "RICKY LYNN GREGG", "HERMAN'S HERMITS", "DOUG DILLARD", "RAZZY BAILEY", "DOUG KERSHAW", "JIM BOYD", "BIG AL DOWNING", "NARVEL FELTS", "BOB MARLEYS WAILERS", JUST TO NAME A FEW
THE BREAK OUT ARTIST SERIES 2017
In short, the Break Out Artist Series gives untested artists a chance to be recorded in a major studio in Nashville, Tennessee with a multi award winning record producer (Doc Holiday) and his Legendary Nashville Studio “A” Team hall of fame musicians.
Doc has a strong set of rules for this series, since he is a partial investor, he does not believe in recording albums or EP's on a new untested artist, He strongly feels that recording albums on new artists is a total waste of money, when the total cost of recording on this level is figured into the project.
Doc believes that recording 1 song or 2 song maximum on a new artist and then releasing and promoting it to radio worldwide simply to see if radio will embrace the release, and retail can sell the release, is the only sensible way to approach today’s industry without breaking the bank of the artists or their sponsors.
Then if radio does embrace the release and retail is able to sell the release, the artist should be presented to labels for a possible label deal, at which time if accepted by a label, the cost of a full blown album at a high end level is placed on the pocket of any label that accepts the artist, and not at the artist or sponsors expense.
Most major producers believe in producing albums on new artist, Doc believes just the opposite BUT he will only accept an artist with very strong material and an artist that he totally believes has a decent chance at being successful. If you would like to speak to Doc personally about this series, feel free to call him at (757) 827-8733 or email him direct at firstname.lastname@example.org. He is difficult is get a hold of, but if you leave a detailed message, HE WILL CALL YOU BACK.
What will be supplied and required in this series is as follows.
(1) Mega International will distribute your recording to all major digital download web sites worldwide including I-tunes and Amazon
(2) Mega International will make your recording available to a minimum of 300, FM, AM and Internet radio stations worldwide
(3) Mega International will promote your release to the above mention radio stations with hopes of gaining air play.
(4) Mega International will through e-mail forward you all radio plays of your release along with the station contact information and any chart information that your release receives.
(5) Mega International will enter your release in the 60th. Grammy Awards in 2017
(6) Mega International will video a broadcast quality music video IN THE STUDIO WHILE YOU ARE RECORDING titled “The Making Of ___your release title___” featuring scenes from the recording session of the artist singing the recording including scenes of Doc Holiday and The ”A” Team producing and performing and post it to You Tube for added promotion of your release.
(7) Mega International will pay the artist 60% of all net download fees earned by your release.
(8) Mega International will supply to the artist an exact accounting of all download royalties directly from the distributor as supplied to them by all digital download sites worldwide. All Major Internet Download sites Worldwide including the following Internet sites to name a few:
I-Tunes (USA, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, United Kingdom/European Union, Japan, Mexico, Latin America (inc. Brazil)
iHeartRadio, VerveLife, Amie Street, LimeWire Store, Amazon On Demand,
LaLa, Google Play, simfy, Deezer, AOL Music.
(9) If the artist is the songwriter of the release, The artist will retain 100% of all writers copyrights and publishing of the release.
(10) Doc Holiday has stated that he will only record a maximum of 2 songs per artist in this series BUT prefers to do only one song per. artist
(11) If the artist does not have material (An Original Song (s)) for this session, Then Doc Holiday will search the established and well known publishers and song writers for an original song and submit those findings to the artist in the form of a songwriters demo for the artist approval
(12) All personal expenses incurred by the artist to complete the above mention session (Travel, Lodging, Food, etc) will be the sole responsibility of the artist.
(13) The Artist(s) will have the right to purchase as many retail units of the above mentioned (SONG (S)), from Mega International at the current wholesale price.
(14) If the recording, promotion or distribution budget should exceed the above mentioned budget because of Mega Internationals actions, the Artist(s), or (Producer) will not be held responsible for any additional funds.
(15) The original session will take place in two segments,
NOTE::: THERE IS A PARTIAL COST TO THE ARTIST FOR THIS SERIES, THE COST WILL DEPEND ON WHAT IS NEEDED TO PRODUCE THE BEST POSSIBLE RECORDING
The rhythm section with the studio musicians will take place on the first day. This usually takes very little time because of the professionalism of the “A” team and talent of Doc Holiday as a producer.
The vocal is usually recorded on the second day. This could be very quick or take a lot of time, depending on when Doc feels he has what he needs from the artist.
Once this has been accomplished, The session files go from Nashville to Virginia to the Power Plant Studio for instrument over dubs.
Once this has been accomplished, the session files go back to Nashville for added background singers.
Once that part is finished, the session files go back to Virginia for the final mix and pre mastering.
After pre mastering the finish mix goes to Nashville again for the final mastering and then into manufacturing and release